Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!!  Well I can't say that I'm sorry to see 2015 go.  The year started out great...I was feeling really good, I went back to work, took a trip to Disney World, I had a whole new year to look forward to.  Unfortunately, that great start didn't last very long.  By the end of February I learned that my cancer was back and I was starting another six months of chemo.  October brought on my next hospital stay and my second bone marrow transplant.  The good news though is that this time my transplant didn't fail!  I have a whole new lease on life!  I am very grateful that I was able to spend the last part of the year recovering at home with my family.  I am hopeful that 2016 is a very good, quite year...I could use a little break.  Sometime at the end of January or early February I will have another bone marrow biopsy to see if there is any sign of disease.  In the meantime, I am continuing to do very well.  All of the nurses, practice assistants and doctors at the Cancer Center marvel at how well I'm doing and so quickly.  I figure that must be a good sign (knock on wood)!!  

So, as we move into 2016, I'm hoping for / looking forward to a clean biopsy, shedding some of my medications (I currently take more pills in one day than a 90 year old), getting back to work, fewer doctor appointments and getting back to a normal everyday life.




No comments:

Post a Comment