Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Moving right along!

Well I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and are off to a great start to the holiday season! I am happy to say that I was able to come back home the day before Thanksgiving.  The girls didn't know I was coming, so it was a nice surprise for them when they came home to find me waiting for them.  My recovery is moving along nicely, my doctor is still very pleased with my progress.  I am finally making my own hemoglobin and platelets. My white count and neutrophils (infection fighters) are also steadily rising on their own.  My next biopsy will be sometime at the end of January, which will give us a clearer picture of where my cancer stands.  Of course we are hoping to hear the word "remission" or the phrase "no sign of disease".  In the meantime I will continue on my recovery and getting stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment